SHORT FILMS • SHORT DOCUMENTARIES • TRAILERS All genres Action • Adventure • Comedy • Horror • Drama • Sci-Fi • FAN FILM • Animation And more.
Click the box below to submit your film and be in the 2018 festival!
Here are all the films shown at the 2017 film festival.
Did you ever see what I saw?
Color of the Chameleon
Aeon (Star Wars Fan Film)
Reincarnation- William Jefferson Clinton
Star Wars: Trials
An American Interview: Getting A job as an animator
95 never looked so good
“As Seen On TV!”
On the edge of oblivion (Pirates of the Caribbean Fan Film)
Yacht scene from “Bullets, Blades and Blood”
Buster Jones: The Movie
What if you had to choose, Love or Money?
We will also have film premiers at the event including
The Lift (From England)
The Long Lonely Road (From Merced)
Violette Films will also be Premiering a New Short Film a long side screening a few of their award winning short films including
All The Stories Taken
Highlights from the 2017 event.
Huge thank you to our 2017 sponsors!
RULES & TERMS
Films do not have any premier requirements (it is ok if they have already been screened before somewhere else) Films must be original work and must have been completed after January of 2016. The film festival reserves the right to disqualify, without refund of any or all submission fees previously collected from the Applicant. Due to content resulting in violation of rules set, time length not met, and or any content we feel is not suitable for display in our festival. Please Note: The same rules and entry fees should apply to all applicants so no one film is favored over another. In a similar respect, The Violette Film Festival does not invite films to be in competition. Only films that are submitted will be considered for competition. • All films must be in English or have English subtitles at the time submitted.
• Films must be submitted as an online streaming video via a participating submission platform (FilmFreeway), a password-protected streaming URL, or on DVD with NTSC or PAL formatting (please test before sending).
• We will screen films as digital files during the Festival (USB) and does NOT screen films on Blu-Ray, HD-CAM, or DCP. If you are unable or unwilling to provide us your film as a digital file for exhibition, DO NOT SUBMIT your film.
•We prefer shorts not be publicly available online.(youtube for example, if they are that is ok but one you submit the film please put the film on private, this is to insure the film has a fresh audience at the event screening)
• We reserve the right in its sole discretion to reject or disqualify any ineligible entries, without a refund if the film violates rules and is not suitable to be shown at event.
•Winners will be announced at the festival. The judges’ decision is final.
• Films will have a minimum running time of 4 minutes and a max running time of 10 minutes. (titles and credits included)
•No nudity, excessive profanity and sexual content and or depiction of rape or excessive violence.
•no excessive gore (no buckets of blood)
•Try and use as much original music as possible
•There is exceptions with royalty free music and or if you have the rights to the music (ill give link to good sites for royalty free or music you can buy) (bandcamp.com)
•Stories must be original
• FOR NON FAN FILM SUBMISSIONS: Films must be the original work of the applicants. If a film is based upon another person’s life or upon a book or other underlying work, applicant(s) must secure any necessary rights to make such adaptations. By entering the competition, you are acknowledging that you have secured all necessary rights FAN FILM COMPETITION • Film MUST be fan based – a film that pays homage to a show (TV, movie, or play), book, or game (boardgame, role playing game, or video game) with a strong fan-base even thought they are fan films the story line in your film must be original( you can NOT recreate a storyline that exists in the property you are basing your short film in) Example: do not recreate an anime episode…used the characters to create your own storyline or episode with in their world. • Pornography is prohibited • Submissions MUST give us the title the fan film is based on, either on the intro or within an email/message upon entry • Submissions MUST provide either Poster/Image or Preview Video of their Fan Film, for our festival to promote • Applicants are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and permissions for third-party materials included in the film, including but not limited to music, trademarks, logos, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. VIOLETTE FILMS expressly disclaims all liability or responsibility for any violations of the foregoing. BY SUBMITTING THE MATERIAL, THE APPLICANT HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND DEFEND THE FESTIVAL, ITS EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AFFILIATES FROM ANY LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SUBMISSION AND FROM ANY FEES AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, THAT ANY OF THEM MAY INCUR IN CONNECTION THEREWITH. We strongly encourage filmmakers to submit their film only after it is fully finished and will judge each submission as a completed work, whether it is or not. Once a film is entered, we will not update the submission with a more recent cut. That said, because the Judges focus is solely on story, minor technical changes will not affect the final decision of any film. Should the film be accepted to play during the Festival, the filmmaker will have the opportunity to supply the festival with their most recent version.